|Birthday girl with one of her birthday books|
1. Where does Frances run away to in A Baby Sister for Frances?
a. Under the sink
b. Under the table
c. The backyard
d. The hall closet
2. What category of names does Clementine call her brother?
a. Fruit names
b. Flower names
c. Descriptive names (e.g. Patience, Charity)
d. Vegetable names
3. Back in China, Shirley Temple Wong was known as:
4. Which of the following is a girl?
a. Sal in When You Reach Me
b. George in Nancy Drew
c. Georges in Liar and Spy
d. Laurie in Little Women
5. Which of the following children do NOT cut or dye their own or someone else’s hair?
a. Anastasia Krupnik
b. Elisa and Russell Michaels
c. Betsy, Tacy, and Tib
d. Anne of Green Gables
6. In Breathing Room, the main character is ill with:
c. Whooping cough
7. In Out of My Mind, the main character can’t speak because:
a. She has cerebral palsy
b. She was hit by lightening
c. She is deaf and only communicates in sign language
d. She doesn’t want to
8. In Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing, Fudge swallows:
a. A goldfish
b. A quarter
c. A turtle
d. Dog food
9. Sheila Tubman is NOT afraid of:
10. In The Secret Garden, Mary moves to England from:
d. South Africa
Answers: 1. b, 2. d, 3. b, 4. b, 5. a, 6. d, 7. a, 8. c, 9. d, 10. b.