Saturday, April 9, 2011

Library Loot #4

For the kids:



As you can see, photography is not my strong suit.  So although I find that tall stack above so satisfying (and sometimes a bit overwhelming), I was frustrated by the fact that you can't see the titles as well as I'd like.  So, with apologies for the overlapping photos (why can't all the books' titles line up perfectly?!?), here, ready for their close-up, are our library books. 





The ones the kids chose are all the holiday books (Easter, Passover and Thanksgiving - I guess they like to have their bases covered).

For me:




True confession: Origins was actually for my husband.  I'm interested in it but probably won't get to it, especially as he was disappointed with it.

Not pictured: Stacy Schiff's Cleopatra: A Life, which I had to return before I could even crack it open.  I plan to re-reserve it.  And Sometimes I Feel Like A Nut, by Jill Kargman, author of wealthy-chick/mommy lit, which I had been misled into thinking was mainly about her various New York City apartments, but which instead was... well, awful.  And vulgar.

The book that is hard to see is Eat, Memory: Great Writers at the Table, a Collection of Essays from the New York Times.

Finally, you may have noticed that I take all of your suggestions, whether in comments here or on your own blogs, to heart.  Thanks for all of them and please keep them coming!




3 comments:

  1. I remember liking a Girl From Yamhill, but nothing stuck. I really enjoyed Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. Our book club wants to read it, but the library holds are way long. Nice loot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Central Park Serenade on hold and there is another quirky book I remember reading a while ago: The Old Pirate of Central Park.

    Thanks to you I have been checking out the Inside Outside books, but I was disappointed that the one I most wanted (London) was not available from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KinderbookswitheverythingApril 10, 2011 at 11:59 PM

    Boris, the cat in the Leigh Hodgkinson book is Colin in Australia and England. Why do Americans have to change names?

    ReplyDelete