Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A 3-D Look At the Human Body


When I first started searching for a book about the human body for my 5-year-old, I looked online.  I came across one called Uncover the Human Body, which has a 3-D model inside.  But I couldn't tell from an online photo how useful such a book would be or how detailed the model was.  My fabulous local bookstore didn't have the book in stock but said they could order it for me and, since they carry it anyway, I wouldn't be obliged to purchase it.  It came in the other day and my husband convinced me it was worth the $18.95.  He was right!   The model is small but not tiny and is fascinating.  Photographs don't do it justice.  The only thing missing, which my daughter noticed immediately, is the reproductive system.  Nonetheless, it is another worthwhile book for any budding doctor.

1 comment: